© Stéphane Compoint
Map of Lower Normandy with 12 major landing sites of DDay.
Site 1 (pictures 2-9 ) : Omaha Beach - Saint Laurent sur Mer and Vierville sur Mer.
Site 2 (photo 10-18 ) : Pointe du Hoc.
Site 3 (photos 19-26) : American Cemetery in Colleville sur Mer.
Site 4 (photos 27-34) : Gold Beach - Remains of artificial harbor at Arromanches les Bains.
Site 5 (photos 35-41) : German Battery in Longues sur Mer.
Site 6 (photos 42-47) : Sainte Mère Eglise (American paratrooper John Steele).
Site 7 (pictures 48-50) : Utah Beach - Milestone n°0 of the Way of Freedom.
Site 8 (pictures 51-53) : German cemetery in La Cambe.
Site 9 (pictures 54-57) : British cemetery in Bayeux.
Site 10 (pictures 58-64) : Juno Beach - Courseulles sur Mer - Site where General de Gaulle, Winston Churchill, Ensenhower and britons royalties.
Site 11 (pictures 65-69) : Sword Beach - The great German bunker in Ouistreham.
Site 12 (pictures 70-75) : Pegasus Bridge - Bénouville - First bridge and first town liberated .
Main commemorations schedule from June 5 to 7, 2014 :
At nightfall , 24 fireworks will be fired simultaneously from Utah Beach to Sword Beach to symbolize the burning of the coast and the beaches of Normandy .
Omaha Beach, Saint Laurent sur Mer :
- 10:00 : Grand gathering to commemorate the sacrifices of soldiers. Musical parade starting at the monument Signal.
Omaha Beach, Vierville sur Mer :
- 10:00 to 19:00 p.m. : Exhibition of military and historical models to the hall.
Gold Beach, Arromanches :
- 12:30: Drop of 70 paratroopers in the middle of the artificial harbor .
- 15:00 Demonstration of tanks of the Second World War on the beach , including a Panther .
- 21:00 : Outdoor screening of an archival 60-minute movie, Square June 6
- 00:00 : Fireworks shot from the beach.
Sainte Mère Eglise :
- 14:00: Concert and reception of American veterans.
- 16:00 : Great musical parade in the heart of the city (with 1200 musicians).
- 21:00 : Concert for peace in the church, by the regional orchestra of Basse-Normandie.
Utah Beach, Sainte Marie du Mont :
- 10:00 : Walk IVY, retracing the route taken by the 4th Division 6 June 1944 . Start against the Utah Beach museum with arrival at Sainte Marie du Mont to 13:00.
- 11:00 : Ecumenical Service on Utah Beach beach.
- 16:00 -17:00: Concert Fiona Harrison (songs of the 40s ) , instead of the church.
- 17:00 : Home Veterans (UNC) .
- 19:00 : Ceremony in the presence of veterans of the 101st Airborne and actors from the series " Band of Brothers" .
- 20:30: Parachuting by Round Canopy Parachuting Team Inc from several C-47.
Sword Beach, Ouistreham :
- Afternoon - Time to clarify : International official ceremony attended by heads of states and governments.
Pegasus Bridge, Ranville :
- 09:30: Ceremony of Carrefour June 6 and at the monument of the 13th Battalion.
- 11:00 : religious ceremony at the military cemetery .
Merville Battery Merville-Franceville :
- 17:00: Official ceremony at the roundabout of the 9th Battalion in the presence of Prince Charles, veterans and their families, British and French authorities.
June 7 :
American Cemetery, Colleville -sur-Mer :
- 09:00 : Inauguration of a monument in honor of the 177 French commandos controlled by Philippe Kieffer. Ceremony organized by DDay- Overlord association.
Gold Beach, Arromanches :
- 16:00 : Air show during 45 minutes by the Patrouille de France over the remains of the artificial harbor.